WE ARE HIRING (for the below positions)
Looking for motivated/dependable (team player) individuals.
These job descriptions are a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Ace Fabricators, Inc. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
PROJECT MANAGER / COORDINATOR
Requirement: MUST be able to read structural and architectural contract drawings/specs.
Responsibilities to include:
*Communicating with general contractors, erectors, joist/deck suppliers & resolve/handle issues
*Scheduling & Coordinating (detailing / joist & deck and setting up deliveries of material(s))
* Manage: Issue & review document control (for hold items, etc): RFI's and Drawings
*Issue change order requests for revisions, changes & additions/deletions
*Keep up with drawing, RFI and change order logs
*Purchase Field Bolts
*Weekly productivity reporting
WELDING INSPECTOR/QA/QC & SAFETY
AISC Audits / CARs / NCRs / Procedures
Visual Weld Inspection
Oversight of third party NDE
Educate and mentor employees on requirements of applicable codes and standards
Lead, follow, and embrace all safety procedures and guidelines
Conduct safety meetings and provide training
Work hand in hand with both shop foreman.
AISC D1.1 knowledge is a PLUS
ESTIMATOR TRAINEE (Entry Level)
Experience is not required as we are willing to train the right person.
Should have basic math skills and basic computer skills.
Candidate will be performing material take offs from DIVISION 5 structural blue prints and then compiling them on the computer.
STRUCTURAL STEEL ESTIMATOR
Ace Fabricators, Inc. is seeking a diligent steel estimator to join our team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Estimating, project management, be able to multi-task, be organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented and driven with time management skills. They will have great client relations skills, and aid in the growth of the company.
The Estimator is integral to our continued success and should build, maintain and improve trusting/effective relations with contractors, suppliers and colleagues from project inception to completion. They will work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required while displaying a professional and courteous attitude at all times. This includes assisting project management team and training other estimators.
We’re looking for someone who has:
· Thorough knowledge of structural steel estimating procedures
· Desire to do whatever is necessary to complete projects thoroughly and on-time
· Proficient computer skills (Outlook MS Word, Excel are required) EJE and Bluebeam are a plus.
· Must be proactive and possess time management and multi-tasking skills to complete multiple estimates and proposals at a time.
· Must have the ability to read, understand and prepare detailed estimates in accordance with the project bid documents including plans, specifications, all related addenda, and other relative correspondence to prepare quantity take-offs in an accurate and timely manner
· Ensures that all bid forms are completed and properly executed.
· Communicate with subcontractors, material suppliers and internal team members as needed to properly prepare a complete cost estimate
· Solicit participation from all required vendors and subcontractors and follow up to ensure timely delivery of quotes.
· Follow up with Customers after bid submittal (request bid tabs)
· Assist with purchase order negotiations once the job is sold.
· Advanced knowledge or estimating strategies and techniques.
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Responds promptly to customer needs
· Meets commitments
· Exhibits good listening and comprehension
Recruiters do NOT respond. ~ Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.